From OHM Space Corporation
How To Form and Operate a Small Group
- Small Group are formed by members and the Executive Board.
- A member wanting to create a Small Group must solicit a petition for creation of a Small Group to the members with 10 people supporting it, then present this to the the executive board 2 weeks before the next quarterly member election to be put on the ballot.
- A Small Group must be approved by a vote of majority by the general members at the Quarterly General Member Elections to be considered official and to operate.
- The member submitting the petition for Small Group creation defaults as the first Small Group's chair.
- Small Groups must meet regularly and keep regular posted notes and minutes to remain viable. (needs more details)
- If a Small Group does not post (regular) notes and minutes of its meetings it can be dissolved by the executive board.
- Small Groups must be distinct in purpose from each other.
- Small Groups must have as Chair Person.
- Individual Small Groups are responsible for how they choose their chairs.
- This is no limit to the amount of members allowed to participate in Small Groups.
- Small Groups are responsible for defining their own management structure.
- Small Groups must have a mission when the mission is fulfilled or no longer relevant the Small Group is shall be dissolved.
- The Member board answers to the executive board.
- As a matter policy the Executive Board will default to Member board decisions if there is no conflict with the purpose or mission of OHM Space.
- The Member Board is exclusively manned by Chairs of Small Groups.
- If a Small Group does not have a chair because of personal or other reasons but is still a viable Small Group, the decisions for that Small Group are left to the other members of the member board.
- A Small Group chair who is also the sole member of another Small Group must abstain from voting on matters of said Small Group. Matters of said Small Group default to the rest of the member board.
- The Member Board is responsible for allocating budgets to Small Groups.
- All Budgets must be approved by the Executive Board.
- Small Group's Chairs are accountable and responsible for maintaining and reporting on their respective budgets.
- If a Small Group engages in activities outside the purpose and mission OHM Space it is to be dissolved by the executive board immediately. It's membership revoked.
How To Dissolve A Small Group
A member upset with a Small Group may solicit a petition for dissolution of a Small Group to the members with 10 people supporting it, then present this to the executive board 2 weeks before the next quarterly member election to be put on the ballot.