January 10, 2012 Meeting Summary
From OHM Space Corporation
Date:January 10, 2012
End: 8:30 PM
1700 W. Main St.
Oklahoma City, OK 73106
Total Attendees: 27
Members Present: Dan Weaver, Lawrence Kincheloe, Robert Green, Jonathan, Charles McKinnis, David Smolkin, Derek Hubbard, Brian Rumberg, Stan Hall, Beau Schwabe, Mike Douglas, Charles FIeld, Nico Cinocco, Sam Fredrickson, Kendall Werts
All Directors Present: Jason Stone, Dylan Mackey
Recorded By: Jason C. Stone
- 40 Paying Members
- We are taking pre-orders for shirts. We need 17 orders before the run of 50. We have 13 orders already. 4 to go. They are only $15 and available in heather gray or black.
- Donation form is online
- New donation processing area
- It is very important that we do a good job tracking donations since we are hoping to gain official 501c3 status first quarter this year! Don't mix 2011 and 2012!
- QR Codes can be printed on the printer in the center of the workspace
- Thanks to Dylan and Nick for painting
- Thanks to Derek, Nick et al. for repairing the duct work and doing drywall
- Spent $93.39 on scaffolding
- Spent $12.88 on paint
- Electricity went from an average of around $30/mont to $161! We need to plan to make sure we stay within our budget of $300/month.
- We're holding off on getting the down stairs until we are confident we can afford it. people need to propose uses for the space and possible sources of funding if they want it asap.
- We can keep the rent at $500/month if we do the heating and air ourselves!!!
- Current Balance $2582.61
- $900 in unpaid due installments
- We have plumbers that are going to install the heaters. We need a motor and belt and a cover to install.
- Gas on by the end of this month
- Painting has started again. They should have section 3 done by next Tuesday.
- We have Matthew Wilkes CNC machine downstairs
- We have pallet wood for classroom floor
- We discussing making the bathrooms ADA accessible
- Mike Douglas mentioned that we need to expand the bathrooms for ADA
- Derek mentioned that parallel parking on the side of the building causes problems
- Nico mentioned that there is internest in adding 3 to 5 memberships if we can setup a brew rack we would need to make sure to keep the equipment secure
- Nico will look into the legal requirements for brewing here and we'll vote on it next meeting
- An informal poll was taken, and there were no objections to a group brewing beer on the premises. No formal motion took place.
- Nico mentioned that there is a nice Kiln on the sate surplus site and we should attempt to purchase
- They are worth around $2500, and the bidding was currently at $300. A number of members pledged funds to buy the kiln.
- Jason proposed that we move the pledges to the mail list
- Lawrence and Mike will work on bidding
- Derek mentioned we did not complete elections, and suggested that we hold them soon.
- Sam suggested that the timing was bad due to the holidays, and suggested that we have more information available before we run the elections.
- Jason moved that Sam be placed in charge of managing the member elections. Motion carried.
- After discussion, it was agreed upon that we should hold the elections at the next business meeting in 1 month. Jason moved that we do this. Motion carried.
- Brooke mentioned that she would like to put a bike shop downstairs
- Jason suggested that she fill out the idea before we vote
- Jason asked that we give the Dallas vending machine company a 6 month trial.
- Jason moved that we invest up to $150 of Ohmspace funds in an old vending machine as a basis to build the electronics vending machine. Motion carried.
- Propose that we allocate at least $150 for a vending machine to sell kits and shirts from.
- Derek proposed that we run elections at next months biz meeting